Umpiring at Waverley District Netball Association has many advantages for you such as:
- getting to meet new friends
- keeping active
- gaining a better understanding of the rules
- raising the standard of the game, and
- getting paid while you are umpiring
- For our new umpires (minimum 13 years old), we have senior supervisors that will help you along the way and for our more experienced umpires; when you are ready, we will help you achieve your C Badge.
The dress code for umpires is ‘all white’ however, we do provide ‘on the day jackets’ for our new and younger umpires so that the players and spectators are aware the you are still learning.
All umpires are required to complete an Australian Taxation Office Hobby Form (Statement of Supplier form). We have copies available in the umpire area or you can download a from and information under the umpire/forms section.
Umpiring at WDNA
WDNA has a very successful beginner umpire program. Twice a year we take on 12 new umpires and work closely with them to teach the skills needed to become a confident and competent umpire.
The program involves four weeks of theory, followed by four weeks working side by side with umpire mentors and finally moving onto independently umpiring their side of the court, with the support of umpire coaches.
Intake of new umpires happens twice a year, clubs are contacted when we are taking on new umpires and it will be advertised on the WDNA Facebook page.
If you have any questions or require any further information on umpiring at WDNA please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org